My name is Cori. I'm in my mid-thirties now and am doing all of the things I probably should have concentrated on in my early twenties. Things like developing real friendships and pursuing talents and hobbies. Just call me a late bloomer there. But, better late than never :)
My husband and I started dating back in 2002. We met at design school and dated 5 years before we got hitched in a small, beautiful ceremony in Puerto Vallarta in 2008. The following year, we gave birth to identical twin girls on May 26. Our family is the 4 of us, plus one kooky, 9 year old basset lab named Abner (or, more often, CancerHound - he is a sarcoma survivor). We live in a tiny little town just east of Calgary in a house we built before we were even engaged.
As a mom, I am pretty laid back. All I want is for my girlies to have their own identities (so, stop buying us matching outfits already, guys) and to grow up in a house filled with far too much laughter and lots of hugs.
|The stars of the show around our house - Buggie (left) and Doodle. |
Hubby shot this in our little home studio
A few other things about me:
- I've been vegetarian for much of the last 14 years. I did go back to eating poultry for a couple of years because I was getting really sick but after reading about the antibiotics in meat, I went back to veg and just concentrated on being a better vegetarian
- In my grown up life, I am a web designer in the public sector.
- I'm deathly allergic to pink. Yes, the colour. In a year or so when my daughters discover it, I am going to have a problem on my hands.
- I have the same birthday as Mickey Mouse. As an 18th bday gift to myself, because I didn't drink at the time, I got a tattoo of him on my ankle to mark the occassion.
- I HATE cooking. REALLY, REALLY hate it. If I post a recipe, it's because it's a) super quick and easy, and b) delicious.
As for the Read.Write.Run. it is just a short list of who I am. The read is for all things book. Write is my quest to prove the value of my imagination. And Run is more than just running - it is my using my daughters as inspiration to lose weight and get fit. Check out each section to see what I mean :)
That is me in a nutshell...Enjoy.