Do something interesting with my hair- I held off on posting this for a day so I could actually mark this one off. I think you'll agree I did something interesting with my hair...
But, wait...the interesting thing isn't the cut! Sure - I shorned my hair right off...but I decided to do it for a pretty good cause too. Since it was getting to be pretty long and it had no dye or perm or chemical anything on it - I felt like I'd be wasting it if I just let them sweep it off the floor. So I had my wonderful hairstylist, Brandi (the same one who donated my purple hair for the first go-around with TNT) cut it specifically so I could donate it to be made into wigs for cancer patients.
I will send it off to Pantene Beautiful Lengths in the morning when the post office opens.
Now, for the why...when my dear friend Anna was battling lymphoma the thing that affected her almost worst than the treatments themselves was losing her hair. If I can donate my hair and take that concern away from someone who is undergoing treatment - I want to do that. I wasn't sure I would have enough hair to donate, but Pantene only asks for 8 inches and I definitely had that.
As long as my hair meets their standards, it will go to making wigs for Canadians who are unwillingly donating their hair to save their own lives.
Rework my home gym
- Tune up my bike - still need to do this one...am hoping before winter hits...
Take the girls to Zoolights
- Make amazing halloween costumes - in progress.
- Plan a monthly date night -ummm. Not so much. But we have been extraordinarily busy this month.
- Volunteer at a race - Tour of Alberta never contacted me and my inquiry emails went unanswered. For an event of that scale and the fact that I had requested a route i can't see them having many volunteers for, I am still surprised to have not gotten a call. Guess I'd better find another race to volunteer for...maybe Santa Shuffle. It'd be so fun to give everyone their medals, but it happens a few weeks after my birthday...so not technically within the year.
- Go thrifting once each month - DONE! Score of the month was probably the entire Kettleworx set brand new in its packaging for a fraction of the price of buying new.
Learn to knit properly Take a shopping trip to the States Invest in a perfect party dress(doesn't need to be black) - I'm calling this one done. Though I don't have the dress yet - I have made the commitment to get one for my best friend's wedding. Extending the timeline until spring so I can lose some weight before I shop.
- Get another tattoo - soon.
Leave Facebook again Get an instagram poster printed Stay at the Banff Springs Hotel Go on an amazing hike
- Take my kids camping
- Re-learn how to draw and paint
Create an outdoor reading area Plant a rose garden- still planning...BUT am holding off until next spring before I implement it. calling this one done this year. My promise to myself, though, is to put it in May long. Redecorate the master bedroom and bath Train for a specific goal race Create an indoor reader's sanctuary Create a creative space for myself
- Try to have an article published in a magazine - I need more time...
Try Stand-Up Paddleboarding
- Go snowshoeing with hubby - on hold til Fall. This one will depend on an early winter, but we did decide to actually buy snowshoes so it will happen...
Go ice skating with my girls Visit Ontario in the Fall- changed to: Book Tropical Family Getaway
- Self Publish One Book - le sigh...I just don't have enough hours in a day...or a weekend. This one should probably be the only goal I make one year...
- Run a 2:15 Half - My trial run half ended up being such a gong show that I didn't do it this month. I am still going to give it my all at Harvest Half and see if I can pull this one out of me before I slink into the shadows to hang out with my disappointment....
Run a sub-60min 10k Run a Sub-30min 5k Run a continuous 10k Run the Goofy Challenge at Walt Disney World
- Complete a home
yogastretching challenge Complete 8 weeks of Rip:60changed to Complete 6 Weeks of Kettleworx - the Kettlebelles are starting this in early October.
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Resolution Update: September 18
Time for yet another update on my 36 resolutions for the year. It's getting to the point in the year where I had to write some of them off simply because of lack of time. I REALLY need more hours in a day and days in a weekend to do everything I want to do.