- Do something interesting with my hair - appointment booked, but it is so far in the future that you'll need to likely wait until late September to see what I decided on...
Rework my home gym
- Tune up my bike - I belong to the MEC meetup group and keep getting notices about their learn bike maintenance course...I just wish it wasn't on Friday nights and my commute wasn't such a bitch. I may need to book this one in with a pro to meet this goal....
Take the girls to Zoolights
- Make amazing halloween costumes - I have ideas...will be starting soon...
- Plan a monthly date night -Yes, yes, yes. The day I had my paddleboarding course booked, we dropped the kids for their first sleepover at Gramma's and after the course, we actually went out to a movie together. (and it was even the same movie this time - we have a track record that usually causes people to ask)
- Volunteer at a race -Still waiting to hear back about Tour of Alberta . I'm getting a bit nervous about how incommunicado they have been. May need to seek another race to volunteer for...
- Go thrifting once each month - DONE! Twice! Found some cute clothes for work, some things for the girlies...and then the ultimate steal of the month - a Trigger Point Therapy set for $8! That thing retails for over $100! I love it when thrift stores have no clue what something is and am very happy they packaged them all together...another steal? When I scored a pair of barely worn Sperry Topsiders for $8...I've wanted a pair forever.
Learn to knit properly- As my prize for winning my last dietbet, I ordered myself a complete set of the beautiful harmony wooden knitting needles from KnitPicks. Both straight and circular sets and have started to learn how to knit in the round, which is revolutionizing my knitnerd world.
Oh - and me and my dad took on a fun little woodworking project and whipped me up a pair of giant needles to knit that super bulky yarn with. I think I have entered another dimension of knit-nerdery. I also learned how to handknit icord and am still making super bulky yarn so I can make a super cozy throw with them.
Something I have come to realize is that I think I might be able to cross this one off. In fact - I am going to. My confidence level has gone way up when it comes to tackling new patterns and this means I won't shy away from continuing to learn how to knit. I don't ever aspire to knit clothing so to be able to make home accessories and fashion accessories - I am happy. what I really wanted to do with this goal is get beyond the knit stitch and pave the path to grow as I need to. I think I've done that. Mission: Accomplished. And growing forevermore.
Take a shopping trip to the States- came close. So close. We almost headed south after our vacation was aborted. Instead, I decided that the rest of this year and the crappy exchange rate are probably not going to accommodate a shopping trip. Instead, I am calling this one done since I did shop a bit in Florida...just not the kind of shopping I was dreaming of. Next year, for sure...
- Invest in a perfect party dress (doesn't need to be black) - I got a very exciting card in the mail at the end of July...where my best friend from high school asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding next year! I get to choose my own dress so am now shopping for a perfect blue party dress ;)
- Get another tattoo - Booking appointment this week ;)
Leave Facebook again Get an instagram poster printed Stay at the Banff Springs Hotel Go on an amazing hike- Though we did share a short part of one of our favourite hikes in Johnston Canyon with the girlies before our vacation was aborted, I wasn't quite ready to say this one was done. But then, when I ran 5 Peaks Fish Creek last weekend - it ended up introducing me to a pretty amazing trail right in my own backyard that I never knew existed...and I think that qualifies as an amazing hike :)
- Take my kids camping
- Re-learn how to draw and paint
Create an outdoor reading area- calling this one done for this year. When our camping vacation was aborted, hubby brought me home a hammock and stand. Suddenly, I have a portable reading sanctuary I can take anywhere. I may build my dream space to plant it in next year, but for this year, I am lifting the pressure and enjoying my reading in the sun while the twins chase butterflies.
- Plant a rose garden - starting to plan
Redecorate the master bedroom and bath Train for a specific goal race Create an indoor reader's sanctuary Create a creative space for myself
- Try to have an article published in a magazine - I think I have an idea for one...just fleshing it out
Try Stand-Up Paddleboarding- LOVED IT! So much. Amy and I took the starter course on July 20 in Kananaskis and I am crazy in love with it. I am trying to figure out how I can live on the water going forward.
- Go snowshoeing with hubby - on hold til Fall.
Go ice skating with my girls Visit Ontario in the Fall- changed to: Book Tropical Family Getaway
- Self Publish One Book - working on some planning to try and get this done. Of all of my goals - this one feels most likely to not be completed...but I'm not giving up yet.
- Run a 2:15 Half - training is still underway, despite a crappy illness-laden July. Makes me glad I have a decent base so I am not too concerned about building distances...just building strength.
Run a sub-60min 10k Run a Sub-30min 5k Run a continuous 10k- Nailed it in 1:07:28 at the MEC 10k on July 20 Run the Goofy Challenge at Walt Disney World
- Complete a home
- Complete 8 weeks of Rip:60
Sunday, August 18, 2013
Resolution Update: August 18
Time for yet another update on my 36 resolutions for the year. I managed to cross a bunch of them off and take some big steps on some others so I am hopeful that the next 3 months will be super productive.