- Do something interesting with my hair - starting to discuss with my hairdresser :)
Rework my home gym
- Tune up my bike
Take the girls to Zoolights
- Make amazing halloween costumes
- Plan a monthly date night - ummm. yeah. about that.... #fail BUT - Hubby and I did escape the kids for a couple of hours to run errands together...does that count? Oh - and I surprised him with an iTunes gift card so we could rent a movie and pseudo-snuggle on the couch :P
- Volunteer at a race -Still waiting to hear back about Tour of Alberta .
- Go thrifting once each month - DONE! Picked up some things for camping.
- Learn to knit properly - created my first pattern this month as I knit myself a little cozy for my new Kobo Mini.
So, I am back to knitting more. Might be time to start thinking of patterns for holiday gifts...as soon as I finished my cozy, I knit up a few extras for friends as well...and another one for me for my glo.
and then I took the big afghan that I had been loom knitting and turned it into a Pouffe for the living room (which makes me much happier than the thought of it being an afghan.
and I am now making some super bulky "yarn" to rework into that living room afghan...
- Take a shopping trip to the States
- Invest in a perfect party dress (doesn't need to be black) - I bought a couple of dresses...but I don't consider them to be "party dresses" still looking.
- Get another tattoo - almost ready to book tha appointment
Leave Facebook again Get an instagram poster printed Stay at the Banff Springs Hotel
- Go on an amazing hike - not yet. Our camping trip to Dinosaur Prov Park ended up being quite rife with mosquitoes so hiking wasn't the amazing experience it might have been.
- Take my kids camping
- Re-learn how to draw and paint
- Create an outdoor reading area - starting to plan
- Plant a rose garden - starting to plan
Redecorate the master bedroom and bath Train for a specific goal race Create an indoor reader's sanctuary Create a creative space for myself
- Try to have an article published in a magazine - I think I have an idea for one...just fleshing it out
- Try Stand-Up Paddleboarding - booked. Amy and I were supposed to take this on the 14th, but the original company we were booked with kept cancelling for stupid reasons...so we found a new company and are going on the 20th instead. We're so excited!
- Go snowshoeing with hubby - on hold til Fall.
Go ice skating with my girls Visit Ontario in the Fall- this one is off the books for this year. We just found out that my cousin (in Ontario) is having a destination wedding next spring so our travel budget needs to accommodate that instead. now we can change it to: Book Tropical Family Getaway
- Self Publish One Book - finding this one daunting as I reviewed my manuscript and it needs some heavy time dedicated to it...time I don't have right now. But fingers crossed. Maybe I should break it into chapters and serialize it here like I originally planned...
- Run a 2:15 Half - training is now underway. Thankfully my cold backed off so I could officially start.
Run a sub-60min 10k Run a Sub-30min 5k
- Run a continuous 10k - The more I think about it - doing this at the MEC race this weekend might be a good way to keep my pace slower while I'm keeping an eye on my ankle (though it hasn;t flared up this week at all)...I ran the first 10k of my last training run continuously so I know I can do it...I just want to see if I can do it faster than 1:14. Guess that will depend where the race actually ends up being held...
Run the Goofy Challenge at Walt Disney World
- Complete a home
- Complete 8 weeks of Rip:60
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Resolution Update: July 18
Time for yet another update on my 36 resolutions for the year. I've felt pretty blah about this past month with nothing really being knocked off...