Time to update on my 36 resolutions for the year. And in the two months since the last update - I've managed to knock quite a few things off the list!
- Do something interesting with my hair - starting to discuss with my hairdresser :)
Rework my home gym
- Tune up my bike
Take the girls to Zoolights
- Make amazing halloween costumes
- Plan a monthly date night - ummm. yeah. about that.... #fail
- Volunteer at a race -Still waiting to hear back about Tour of Alberta . Am also looking at other options.
- Go thrifting once each month - DONE! Managed to score lots of summer tops for work and quite a few summery things for the girlies as well!
- Learn to knit properly - my needles have been resting lately, but I am looking forward to picking them up again soon. I really want to get some more squares done for my afghan.
- Take a shopping trip to the States
- Invest in a perfect party dress (doesn't need to be black) - I bought a dress...but I don't consider it a "party dress" still looking.
- Get another tattoo
Leave Facebook again Get an instagram poster printed Stay at the Banff Springs Hotel
- Go on an amazing hike - I've recently taken up trail running and have seen some beautiful things already. Not really an amazing hike YET...but I have no doubt I'll have one before the end of the summer! Especially since I'll be having a bloggy meetup in a couple of weeks on Grouse Grind....
- Take my kids camping - DONE! We took the girlies camping last weekend and they LOVED it! I'm working on a MOMday post about it
- Re-learn how to draw and paint
- Create an outdoor reading area - starting to plan
- Plant a rose garden - starting to plan
Redecorate the master bedroom and bath- DONE! Train for a specific goal race- DONE! Trained specifically for Calgary Marathon 10K and nailed my time goal! Create an indoor reader's sanctuary Create a creative space for myself
- Try to have an article published in a magazine - I think I have an idea for one...just fleshing it out
- Try Stand-Up Paddleboarding - booked. It's dependent on weather, but I am taking a SUP course with my friend Amy on July 14!!!!
- Go snowshoeing with hubby - on hold til Fall.
Go ice skating with my girls Visit Ontario in the Fall- this one is off the books for this year. We just found out that my cousin (in Ontario) is having a destination wedding next spring so our travel budget needs to accommodate that instead.
- Self Publish One Book - still hopeful. I just need to find some revision time....
- Run a 2:15 Half - training starts for Harvest Half in early July!
Run a sub-60min 10k- NAILED IT! May 26, I ran Calgary Marathon 10k in 59:38! I think I can go faster so I may do it again this summer! Run a Sub-30min 5k- DONE!!!! I ran my Redemption 5k in 27:25 on April 21st at Spring Trio! I also ran another sub-30 2 weeks later at the Skirt Chaser!
- Run a continuous 10k - aiming for Run for Water, but may do it at MEC 10k in July.
Run the Goofy Challenge at Walt Disney World
- Complete a home
yogastretching challenge - yeah - so I totally flopped at this one in May. May need a different goal.
- Complete 8 weeks of Rip:60