- Do something interesting with my hair
Rework my home gym- Calling this one done, though I still have a couple more things I need to do to it. It is now a much more inspiring and colourful place. I hung up my medal rack and bought new foam mats for the flooring. It can at least be used again and is no longer a holding place for crap :) By the end of next weekend it will be completely reworked.
- Tune up my bike
Take the girls to Zoolights
- Make amazing halloween costumes
- Plan a monthly date night - February - done. Wasn't that inspired but we had lunch and a movie (Silver Linings Playbook - so good). March will be much better. ;)
- Volunteer at a race
- Go thrifting once each month - done! While hubby had lasik surgery, I hit the thrift stores and had a whole lotta luck! Crafting stuff, a couple of tops and a skirt. Backup snowpants for the girls, ties for hubby. I even found stuff that was on my friends wishlists! A very successful thrifty month! Plus - I discovered my new favourite thrift store in town.
- Learn to knit properly - I had a very successful month in this arena! Like I said last month, I wanted to learn a new cast on and how to purl and I totally rocked at both. Discovered a crochet cast on that I really like and then set to purling. It took me a while to find a video on purling that didn't go too fast, but Knit Picks had one that helped me catch on right away. So, I used it in 2 afghan squares for my bedspread. One was a waffle stitch - really simple and helped me get used to switching stitches smoothly.
The other was a raised diamond pattern that helped me read a more complicated pattern with the purls.
I'm very happy with how both worked up. Next square, I had originally planned to add another stitch, but then I found this pattern and I think I am going to do one more knit/purl square to add it to the blanket. And it will teach me how to read a more complicated pattern that doesn't repeat.
- Take a shopping trip to the States
- Invest in a perfect black dress
- Get another tattoo
Leave Facebook again- done! Now that I no longer need to be there as part of my TNT team - I am happy to say I pulled the plug. Ever since I left FB in the fall od 2010 - I have found that it is more a burden than a bolster in my life. It feels good to be rid of it.
- Get an instagram poster printed
- Stay at the Banff Springs Hotel
- Go on an amazing hike
- Take my kids camping
- Re-learn how to draw and paint
- Create an outdoor reading area
- Plant a rose garden
- Redecorate the master bedroom and bath
- Train for a specific goal race - The training plan for Calgary 10k starts in early March!
Create an indoor reader's sanctuary Create a creative space for myself- DONE! Finished it this weekend and am over the moon with how it turned out!
- Try to have an article published in a magazine
- Try standup Paddleboarding
- Go snowshoeing with hubby
- Go ice skating with my girls
- Visit Ontario in the Fall
- Self Publish One Book
- Run a 2:15 Half
- Run a sub-60min 10k - aiming for Calgary Marathon
- Run a Sub-30min 5k - aiming for St Paddys Day
- Run a continuous 10k - aiming for Run for Water
Run the Goofy Challenge at Walt Disney World- COMPLETED!
- Complete a home yoga challenge - attempt #1 was a big fat fail. But I admittedly rushed into it without taking the time to think out how it would work with my life. I will try again when I have time to plan for success.
- Complete 8 weeks of Rip:60
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Resolution Update - February 18
Time to update on my 36 resolutions for the year. This past month actually felt really productive!