After my bout with the chest infection, I came back somewhat strong (or was it just that my antibiotics were strong?) and rocked the Goofy and a Half Challenge at Walt Disney World! And then I totally slacked off. Er, I mean - I recovered. I ran a total of 8 time in January. That's it. And clocked in at 97kms. Not too shabby.
I also started working out semi-regularly with the Super Secret Jillian Michaels Workout Society (SSJMWS - we so need a better acronym) at work. We're working through her new Body Revolution kit and I committed to 2-3 days a week of it. So far, I've managed to stick to 2 days a week for both of the weeks I've been on it...but if hubby hadn't had eye surgery last friday (meaning I wasn't at work) and if I hadn't contracted Norovirus this week - I totally would have made it 3 days each week.
So, suffice it to say, I think I've eased into 2013 pretty easily and now it might just be time to focus on my monthly goals. Here's what I see happening in February:
- continue 2-3 days a week (preferably 3) with the SSJMWS
- In keeping with my 36 resolutions - I need to knock a few of the smaller items off the list this month...likely the ones involving winter anything...I also need to figure out my home yoga challenge because I think I am going to aim to either complete a 2 week one this month OR to attempt a whole month (this is super daunting for me and a big part of me wants to cop out. Short yoga video/youtube suggestions welcome. I need video guidance so book recommendations do me no good)
- Run the Crave Chick Chaser 5 miler on Feb 10
- Figure out my spring training schedule and make sure it incorporates a 5k training plan for my daughters because we need to start them on the training path for Mother's Day (I sold our running stroller last fall so they NEED to run it this year)
- Hill and speed training 2 days a week. Let's start making me slightly faster so I can meet some of my other goals.