As for my August Goals:
- Potty train Doodle - not quite there yet...but close. Unfortunately, she has stated that she doesn't want to be like Buggie and that she likes diapers and being a little baby. Eeep. So - we have told her that when she runs out of diapers, she isn't getting more. I may have told her that they don't make her size anymore. I will be doing the 3 day method this weekend.
- Take the Family Camping at least once - didn't happen. We had the tent poles int eh car to take them in to be repaired and never managed to drop them off. Our bad.
- Bring my fundraising to over $2500 by the end of the month - Not this month. I am currently sitting at around $1750. But likely next month since we just announced a lot of group fundraisers.
- Get knee issue under control - replaced shoes. 'nuff said. Seems to have helped with the ankle issue as well
- Stick to training plan as best as I can - I did so-so on this. By the end of the month I was getting much better. With my new plan for September, I think I will be fully on track by the end of THIS month.
- Try to keep my eating in check- started tracking my food on My Fitness Pal again. Not liking that I need to count calories, but it is working for me right now so I will stick with it.
- Run Edmonton 5k and, if my knee allows it, get my sub 30min PB - Done...but dehydration kept me from my PB. I need a morning 5k to get me there I think - though I do have 1 more 5k in September I can try...
- Run MEC Summer Classic 10k - Done!
- Sell my house - not yet :( Still trying. One month down, two to go.
Now onwards and upwards to September....
- Potty train Doodle. It's happening. She's not gonna like it one bit, until she realizes how much better it is...
- Drastically reduce liquid calories...this means you, Coffee. I did so well on my coffee wean last month...only to ruin it with a few tired days in August. For September - I will drink tea instead.
- Shake things up with challenges. Both Nikki at Slow is the New Fast and I have been suffering from a severe case of low-mojo-itis. Since we are also both training for Goofy, this just won't do. I issued her a little weekly challenge in that we will draw running (and cross-training) challenges from our Mojo Jar each week and see if having to be accountable to someone else will help us out a bit. best of all - we'll be posting them so you guys can play along too!!!
- Keep running clothes at work and run on my lunch breaks 2 days a week. I work right near some good hills for repeats and could be putting a couple of my lunch breaks to better use. Plus it will keep me from having to run at 9pm in the dark. Worth a try anyway.
- Keep tracking my calories and eat cleaner. I have decided that I don't want the same thing that happened in marathon training to happen to me in goofy training. I gained 15lbs training for my first marathon because of my "marathon entitlement". While I recognize that my calorie needs are going to be higher for this training - I can be smart about it.
- Stretch after every workout. I think many of my aches and pains could be eliminated by getting smarter about stretching. To test this theory, I am going to stretch thoroughly after every workout and see if I don't feel better for it. I will also incorporate one full body yoga workout each week and try to add in a stretching video a couple of days a week as well (I have several 10-15 min stretching dvds)
- Come up with at least 3 new solo fundraiser ideas and implement them. I can totally do that. You guys can also help me out by sponsoring me in my quest! http://www.goofycori.com
- Buy a couple extra pairs of running shoes to have on hand...
I have A LOT of races this month...most will be run as training runs, but it should be fun to have the excitement of race day pumping me up! And it will add 3 medals to my collection!
- Run for Water 10k
- Calgary Corporate Challenge 10k
- Run at the Ranch 5K
- Harvest Half Marathon
So there we have it...my September promises to be a busy one.