- Follow Canada Food Guide as closely as I can - Boo. Nope. My eating was exceptionally bad this month. I am attributing to stress, but ultimately it was really laziness.
- Regularly grocery shop so fridge is always stocked properly - tried. But failed.
- Pre-prep my meals so I can grab and go with healthy options - Managed to do this for a couple of weeks.
- Try one new vegetable each week - don't think so. I am in a rut.
- K-100 Relay on June 23rd - Goal? Have fun - done! ran 30K that day instead of the planned 19. Started out hating it, but ended up having fun. WIN!
- Officially sign up for the Goofy Challenge with TNT - DONE!
- Run on Tues/Thurs/Sat - Did better than I expected. managed to run on Tuesday OR Thursday each week. Always on Saturday! WIN!
- Strength on Mon/Wed/Fri - Rip:60, it's time to come out and play - had no motivation to do RIP:60. About mid-month revised it to just strength and did a video instead. Modifying is better than missing entirely! Also, for strength, My coworkers and I did 2 Shrinking Jeans workouts each day. In the morning we would do the 6 Pack March and in the afternoon, we revisited Kick Ass April. So I snuck in some strength wherever I could.
- Use the Another Mother Runner June Challenge as planning inspiration - Worked for planning, but I didn't do the scheduled workouts most days.
- Workout Pledge - for each met workout - I gave myself $5 to buy something fun. For each missed workout - I donated $5 to my TNT fundraising. This didn't really work for motivating me. I set aside enough $5 to cover the month so I knew the money was there no matter what. My workout challenge netted $65 toward my fundraising! So - even though it symbolizes a whole lot of missed workouts - it still has the benefit of helping beat Blood Cancers!
- Take my kids on outings on Sundays - Yes. Not every Sunday, but most.
- Try to incorporate more solo outings with each girlie - Did one solo outing with Buggie.
- Get both kiddos potty-trained (Buggie is there during the day...Doodle still won't try) - Status Quo. Doodle just has no interest in training.
- At least one book finished each week - I actually think I met this one! WIN!
- Take one day off this month to write - umm, <shifts eyes away>
Here's my calendar. I didn't meet the 5 workouts a week for the AMR challenge, but I did workout in some way most days.
Unfortunately, June saw me gain 4 lbs. :( I really need to get strict with myself and get back on track.
Fresh, New Goals for July
- Continue the major household purge - to be completed by July 28
- Wean off coffee by mid-month
- Host a cheer crew at the Stampede Road Race this weekend (email me if you're interested in joining)
- Start training for Goofy - starts today! Running 3 days per week.
- Stop snacking after 7pm - must install a Fattie Zone sign across my pantry door after dinner.
- Batch cook to make sticking to Canada Food Guide easier
- Strength train at least 2 days a week
- Potty train Doodle - this is my goal for my vacation week later in the month (unless she wakes up potty trained before then)
So let's get this party started! July has great potential...