1) The past two years, I have run it but this year, I am putting together a cheer crew for the Stampede Road Race on July 8th. J and I had so much fun cheering at the Last Chance Half last November that I figure it's time to get out there and support local runners with some cheer when they need it most! I'd love to get a bunch of people out there to shake some pompoms and noisemakers and really get the half and 10k runners motivated in the homestretch.
If you'd like to join me - I'll be posting more info shortly. I promise it will be fun and you can bring your whole family if you want! After all - runners give the best hi-5s to the little ones!
I will also be making up signs for the cheer crew so will need y'all to submit your best sign slogans! I want this group to be a cheer crew to remember!
Are you interested in joining me? I'd love to get a huge crowd out for this! Rain or shine - the runners don't get to pick the weather but that doesn't make them less deserving of support!
I found this little document online from the Canadian Continence Foundation. It makes a lot of sense so I hope it helps (and maybe it will help someone out there too)
Let me say - after following this for a couple of days, I am already feeling much better. I think I am getting over the mental hurdle of it during the work week. The real test will be on my 18K run on Saturday...wish me luck
PS - this is like potty training for mommy. Seems only fair that if Buggie is potty training (she suddenly decided she will use the potty on her birthday and has only had a handful of accidents since - so easy) than maybe it's time for momma to do it too. LOL
Some of the Books I have on my Kobo that I am just itching to devour are:
- Drawing Free - Elena Aitken
- The Enchantress - Michael Scott (the next book in the Nicolas Flamel series)
- The Omen Machine - Terry Goodkind
- EnLIGHTened -
- Healthy Tipping Point - Caitlin Boyle
- Insurgent -Veronica Roth
- Mental Training for Runners - Jeff Galloway