Here's how I did on my May goals:
- Rock the Van Marathon half - DONE! I am really glad I didn't make my time goal part of the goal list.
- Stick to the Canada Food Guide Challenge - tried to, but not really
- Low 150s by the start of June - not even close...
- Mothers Day 5k - aim to be sub 30min - DONE! did the race. Didn't do the goal.
- Calgary Marathon 10k - aim to come in under 60mins - DONE! did the race. came SOOOOOO close on the goal but still didn't make it
- Try to fit some yoga in at least once a week - um...*looking away*
- Weekly meal planning. *continuing to look away*
- Find more time to read -DONE! at least it feels like it.
- Joggermom Marathon!!!! Run 42.2k in one month. - DONE! The Jugo Juice 10k brought me over 30 miles!
- Find a moment to transcribe my first year of running over to Daily Mile. I'd love to see what my ACTUAL running career has been in kms.... - DONE! I am happy I kept such good written records now - I was able to transcribe pretty much everything over perfectly. Now my little widget on the side shows all of the kilometres I've run since buying my first Garmin
I totally didn't make myself a calendar for my May workouts and I think that was a HUGE factor in why I didn't workout hardly at all. In June, I will have a calendar again.
For June, I am revamping things a bit. I've come to realize that calorie counting is not going to be my way of life. I really liked the little Canada Food Guide challenge I did at the end of April BUT eating well needs to be planned. So, for June I am going to plan better and shop accordingly.And my fitness needs to be more varied so this month I am focusing on that.
- Follow Canada Food Guide as closely as I can
- Regularly grocery shop so fridge is always stocked properly
- Pre-prep my meals so I can grab and go with healthy options
- Try one new vegetable each week
- K-100 Relay on June 23rd - Goal? Have fun
- Officially sign up for the Goofy Challenge with TNT
- Run on Tues/Thurs/Sat
- Strength on Mon/Wed/Fri - Rip:60, it's time to come out and play
- Use the Another Mother Runner June Challenge as planning inspiration
- I really wanted to use Gympact as financial motivation, but it won't count a home gym (yet). Instead, I pledge to put $5 in a jar for each workout I complete (hopefully $30/week) and will buy myself something cute to run in with the proceeds at the end of the month. If I miss a workout - it will be $5 taken from that jar and put into another jar - to be donated to my TNT fundraising. Hopefully that will be enough to keep me accountable.
- Take my kids on outings on Sundays
- Try to incorporate more solo outings with each girlie
- Get both kiddos potty-trained (Buggie is there during the day...Doodle still won't try)
- At least one book finished each week
- Take one day off this month to write