This week was fairly uneventful after my race-packed weekend last week. Monday, I took a much needed rest day - though it was pretty hard. On Tuesday, I met up with one of the ladies from my K-100 team to get in 6k. Wednesday - I actually made the effort to get on the bike, but Thursday and Friday I let the weather give me permission to slack off.
Saturday, I met up with JS to get in 6k and some shopping. Then took Sunday off (unless you count chasing toddlers through walmart to be a workout).
Taper was in full swing. I ate well, though, dropping 6lbs in a week on the Canada Food Guide challenge! Holy Hannah!
Now, it is only 4 more sleeps until I fly into Vancouver! Yay!!! I'm almost all packed and ready to go!
This was my week:
Monday: Off, KAA
Tuesday: 6k, KAA
Wednesday:45mins bike, KAA
Saturday: 6K LSD
and how I did on last week's Ready for Summer Challenge goals:
- Stick to the Canada Food guide - YES! (though I did get snacky on Sunday and gave myself over to it)
- min 2 runs + long run -NOPE - only 2 runs total
- min 2 bike sessions - Nope - just one
- yoga at least once - Nope, but I did stretch really well after all workouts.
- Really push myself on all workouts - time to exit the comfort zone - NOPE :( Took it pretty easy - I was super tired after the two races.
- STOP EATING AFTER 7PM - Surprisingly YES! I think this was the biggest contributor to my weight loss.
For past weeks on my Run Van journey, check out the links below:
- Week 13 recap
- Week 12 recap
- Week 11 recap
- Week 10 recap
- Week 9 recap
- Week 8 recap
- Week 7 recap
- Week 6 recap
- Week 5 recap
- Week 4 recap
- Week 3 recap
- Week 2 recap
- Week 1 recap
Other Things to Check Out
If you haven't had a chance yet, why don't you head on over to Facebook and check out the Read.Write.Run.Mom. page over there. Just one more way to follow the blog and join in the discussion!
Voting is still underway for the top 25 Outdoorsy Mom Blogs of 2012. If you would like to support me, you can vote here: http://www.circleofmoms.com/top25/Top-25-Outdoorsy-Moms-2012
(you can vote once per day and do not need to be a Circle of Moms member). I am currently in 20th place and would love to stay in the top 25!!!
I had a couple of mentions in this month's iRun Magazine. If you haven't had a chance to check them out yet - they can be found here and here!
Things are still being finalized, but Vancouver Marathon is trying to put together a Q&A Panel with the Official Run Van bloggers for the Expo on Saturday. I'll post more info once they are available.