But injury notwithstanding, I did okay this month. I lost a couple of pounds despite so much downtime. I tried to come in below my calories on My Fitness Pal more days than I went over. I still got in a fair number of workouts - here's my calendar to prove it
And now, with just over a month to go to Vancouver - I am ready for a kick-ass April! I want to ramp up my efforts and really get serious about blasting off the last of my weight.
So - for starters - I am going to do Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans' Kick Ass April plan and am encouraging people to join me. I figure if I can't do around 5 minutes of 3 little exercises 6 days a week - then I have bigger problems than I think...are you with me?
I am also going to make a concerted effort at meal planning this month. Now that I am taking part in the Ready for Summer Challenge - I need to get serious about my eating. And my portions. I've been on the challenge for a week now and it's been tough. I haven't really felt like I was actively working toward my goals - though I know that recovering from my injury was in support of them. New month, new motivation...I am ready to forge full speed ahead.
Note: anything that looks like it says meat - it's a veg equivalent.
And then there are the side goals:
- Still no buying books. I did cave on a few in March...but am really trying to work my way through what I already have. A couple just couldn't wait.
- Yoga - find a good regimen that I can fit into my life and workouts. Still looking forward to my Yoga for Runners DVD arriving, but am also interested in any recommendations for Yin Yoga DVDs. I need to slow myself down and hold the poses a long time.
- One of my new years resolutions has been getting abandoned so far...the writing one. This month I will make time to write for at least an hour each week.
- Run the Spring Trio 15K - registered
- I would like to be in the low 160s by the end of April. Gotta get real to make it happen...