I've been tagged by Heather at "Will Run for Coffee". For the first time so, how can I refuse? I probably won't do too many of these, but I wanted to commemorate the occasion just this once :)
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in the post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog (or email them) and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people! (sounds so awkward, but it was in the rules so I'm leaving it)
11 Random Things About Me
1. I hate the cold of winter. I have to keep reminding myself that I CHOOSE to live in the belly of chilly Canada. I want to move somewhere where it is a balmy 15-20C with a gentle breeze year round. But I also hate the heat, so anywhere with soaring temps is not my friend either. So I stay where I am and dream of the day I find that perfect place.
2. I have 2 tattoos and plans for 3 more. I only like one of my current tats, though. The happy face on my stomach that I got when I was 19 is going to disappear the second I have an extra $1000 kicking around. The mickey mouse on my ankle can stay.
3. I'm addicted to The Young and the Restless. Yes, I PVR it. Don't judge. You know you watch it on your sick days too.
4. My name would have been the same, even if I'd been born a boy. My parents had chosen Kory as a boy name and Cori as a girl name.
5. I really dislike my middle name. Ann is just so plain and uninspiring. Like Anne in Anne of Green Gables said "A-n-n looks absolutely dreadful" I'm less vocal about it now than I used to be. I hated it so much, I refused to have it printed on my SIN card. We were very careful in selecting our daughters middle names so they will hopefully not hate them.
6. I am a third generation Albertan. I was born in the same town as both my mother and grandmother were, though I only lived there until I was 5..
7. I was secretly relieved when they wheeled me in for the emergency c-section with my twins. The thought of pushing them out terrified me.
8. When I went into labour, I immediately TEXTED my hubby to tell him my water had broken. As soon as I hit send, I realized what I had just done and called him
9. I HATE to talk on the phone. I will happily IM and text, but it someone calls me not he phone, I start to pace and get flustered and I am always positive it comes through to the person not he other end of the line.
10. Hubby and I used to play UNO to decide who had to do something. Like if it was cold out and the dog needed to go outside, we'd play a round and the loser would need to take him out (this was when we lived in a house where the back yard did not include the back door)
11. I am terrible at keeping in touch with people. I am trying to get better at this because I have let a few people slip through the cracks and into the "archived friend" zone over the years.
Answers To Heather's Questions
1. If you listen to music while you run, what's your "power song"?
I don't tend to listen to music when I run, except if I am doing a super long distance alone…but when I do, my power song is Pearl Jam's "World Wide Suicide". It just puts wings under my feet for some reason.
2. Which race has been your favorite so far?
I loved Calgary 10K last year. Running a semi-familiar route, but being out in the middle of one of the busiest roads in Calgary without any cars was amazing. Scoring a major PR didn't hurt either. People are often surprised by this answer - thinking I would choose Nike Women's, but Nike was such a hard race for me. It was an experience I'm grateful for, but it wasn't my favourite race.
3. What's your favorite training plan?
I tend to be pretty flexible about my training because it always needs to work for me and my life at that moment. So, I can't say I actually have a favourite plan. Unless I say "One I made up myself as I went" lol
4. What's your go to post run fuel/food?
Latte. I always end my long runs with a latte.
5. Do you reward yourself after a big event?
Nah - I tend to reward myself BEFORE the event lol.
6. If yes to #5, what do you do to reward yourself?
Usually a trip to Lululemon for something special to wear to a race.
7. Have you motivated others to run?
I think so. Several people have told me that they started learn to run programs after following my story.
8. Who motivated YOU to run?
Anna. She was the only runner I know and tried to get me to run for years while I laughed at the suggestion. Then she was diagnosed with cancer and the first thought that went through my head was "I need to find a run for lymphoma and do it" Hubby responded "But you're not a runner." and I told him "I guess I'm gonna become one" Of course, I was thinking 5K…and look what ended up happening. But I'll always be grateful to Anna - not so much for getting cancer, but for being so supportive and being light with the "I told you so"s
9. Is running part of a bigger journey for you, or is it just something you do?
At the start it became a part of my bigger weight loss journey. While I still have a way to go there, running has become so much more. It is my way to connect with people (both in person and across the miles); it has become my therapist; it has become my worst enemy and best friend. Running changed my life. For the better.
10. What's your favorite time of year to run?
Fall. The excitement of fall races. The fact my allergies go into check and I can run through the golden leaves without suffering. and I love the smell of fallen leaves.
11. Is running a solitary event for you, or do you share it with others?
I run alone on weekdays, but weekends are all about getting together with my Runner Girls and sharing our week over that long run. Plus - it's way more fun to have a post run latte with friends.
Who I Tagged
Here's the list of blogs I've tagged. If you've already been tagged on one of these things, don't feel obligated - you're off the hook!
I've seen a few of these out there this week, so I'm not sure I'll be able to find 11 people who have yet to do it, but here goes:
Christy at My Dirt Road Anthem
Jen at Family, Food, Fitness and Fun
Sue at Running Sue
Sophia at The Mama Runs
Sarah at Sarah Fitness
Nikki at Slow is the New Fast
Gillian at Gillian's Active Life
Jill at Fitness Health and Happiness
Amber at Girl with the Red Hair
Amy at FitMommas
Yo Momma at Yo Momma Runs
(hopefully I got everyone's email addresses right...some I had to guess on)
My 11 questions for tagged bloggers
1. How long have you been a runner?
2. What was your motivation to start?
3. What do you like best about being a blogger?
4. How do you find a balance between your work/running/life?
5. What is the most important lesson you have learned about yourself since becoming a runner?
6. Do you have any tattoos?
7. If you could have dinner with one person (living or dead) who would you choose?
8. What is one race you dream about running in?
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
10.Do you like your name?
11. Have you ever lost a significant amount of weight?
I can't wait to hear what all of these tagged bloggers come up with. Keep fit and have fun, kids :)