Having only been a runner for a couple of years, I haven't needed that many pairs of shes. I started in a beat up pair of Sauconys that were all wrong for me. After developing bursitis rather quickly from them - I switched to Nike Zoom Vomeros. The Vomero 3 and 4 were great but the 5s seem to make me hurt. Then I gave my Asics a shot and fell in love with them. When I bought trail shoes, I gravitated to Asics too - both from the experience with the Gel-Cumulus AND because they were cheap and purple.
The only issue I find with the Asics is that if I don't tighten the f*@k out of them...they cause me to hobble for several days after each run with foot pain. As long as I only barely have circulation to my feet - I am fine...but if they aren't tightened to the extreme...then, pain.
I also have a pair of Vibram Five Fingers, but those aren't for running. I'm not sure I want to get into the whole minimalist thing...
So this hunt could be interesting. I'm going to start by interviewing people on what they love and why.
The things I have loved about my past shoes have been:
- Colours - blues, purples, yellows...happy coloured shoes make me very happy!
- Cushioning - if I'm going to pound the pavement for 3 hours (for fun) on a Saturday, I want to do it in comfort
- must be available in size 11 womens (yes - my feet almost qualify me for downhill skiing without skis)
- neutral shoe
- no pink (I'm allergic and super set on this one)
- ability to buy online (most stores don't carry my size anyway)
What shoes do you run in and love? What shoes have you had bad experiences with? Please share your experiences and adventures in the comments! Thanks in advance!