I am in need of a good kickstart. Since New Years, I am down 18lbs. Yay me! But I have been stalled for a while and my willpower has been pretty weak the last few weeks. The first week I was back to work, I ate horribly and didn't workout at all (let's just say I was resting my knee, even though it might not be true). The second week was better on the workout front, but I am still eating like crap. I usually just zero out on my Lose It app thing. Meaning, I am eating up all of the calories I manage to burn. I need more of a deficit to see the last 10lbs disappear so I absolutely NEED to whip my @$$ into gear and get it gone.
To do this, I am looking at the things I have coming up in the near future. We did have a family reunion planned, but then it was cancelled (I think...I'm so confused). I also have the wedding of a dear friend in early July. Losing the last 10lbs would be great incentive to buy a fantastic dress for it. Maybe that should be my goal...to lose the weight before the last weekend in June so I can shop for a terrific new frock :)
In other "new clothes" news - I need new, smaller running tanks. Having had my favourites covered up all winter as base layers, I didn't realize how big they had gotten (though I really should have...losing almost 20lbs will tend to make things fit big), so I will probably be treating myself to some new running tanks for summer. Maybe when I hit my 50lb mark in a couple of pounds...
I also need to concentrate on my stretching because my knee issues seem to be almost entirely muscle tightness. The yoga video has been helping and I think if I continue, I will be able to run my next two races relatively pain free.
So, with all of this in mind, here are my goals for this week:
- Pack lunches and snacks for work - take care to bring snacks for both morning and afternoon to avoid the crashes I've been experiencing.
- Keep my calories in check - no more using up the deficit to the degree I have been
- Two midweek runs - likely run commutes. It was do-able this past week, so I am sure I can manage it again.
- Three bike sessions - Gossip Girl's been pretty riveting as I near the end of season one, so this shouldn't be too hard
- at least 3 yoga sessions - gotta get those muscles to where they should be
Vote for me!
I am in the running for the Circle of Moms Top 25 Health & Fitness Mom Blogs. So, if you have a free second, just pop over and click the little vote button for me :)